Friday, December 30, 2011

Book and Movie Lists

I can't help but feel a little sense of disappointment this year as people are sharing their movie and books for the year. My own is far shorter than usual, as I've had very little personal reading time. I go to the movies less often than when I was in the city, as well.

For the movie thing, when I found I had the time, I'd usually opt for a matinee. Well, the small theater we have here doesn't do weekday matinees. Meh. As a result, if I found I had a chunk of time, I'd spend it catching up on Bones, Glee and Big Bang Theory.

When it comes to reading, don't get me wrong, I did a TON of reading this year. For the past 4 months, however, it was assigned, and often textbooks. I'll admit that while I have a month off between semesters, I haven't even touched my Kindle, despite the fact it has a ton of good books loaded onto it, just waiting for me. Honestly, I have very little interest in reading an actual novel. I have, however, enjoyed several relatively-mindless magazines and am pretty caught up on a majority of my blog feeds. Baby steps. I do look forward to reading books for pleasure again, but it likely won't happen until summer.

Really, when it boils down to it, if I have the time and school is in session, I'm more likely to just take a nap or talk to other human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment